Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Morning!

I know, it's not a very good photo, but I wanted you to have a bit of a sense of where I am and this is taken with my computer camera...putting your fingers in all the right places while balancing the laptop is not an easy task!  It's breezy this morning, but absolutely lovely.  I was going to blog last night while Lefty was playing musica at La Hotel California, but I got caught up listening to a Mexican fiesta going on at the stadium down the street.  I could hardly believe the lovely voices. I also found it hard to believe how long they sang....it began probably about 7 and lasted until 2 AM, at least...that was the last time I looked at the clock at least.   I chuckled that were Dave still here he would have been over there, probably on stage, and known everyone in the stadium by first names.

Speaking of the east coasters, yesterday morning Tom, Georgia and Dave left.   We are going to miss our amigos...it was great fun seeing them and checking in with one another.  Keep your radios tuned for the upcoming hit "The Ballad of Lefty and Juanita" by the songster El Biggo Wiggo, soon to be heard on all of your favorite stations and if not, I'm sure Pelogroso David will be posting it to YouTube shortly.  Good job to all of us, huh? We made it when many feared we wouldn't

It's true that it takes at least a week to unwind. My last dream that involved anything about work has been at least a week ago...and that involved Terry having me help him find someone to replace me...so there you go.  I'm trying to figure out if that is a "sign" and I should just stay here...you know, one of those "have the kids send me my stuff, I'm not leaving" situations....more shall be revealed. 

Friday I met some people that are friends of a part time islander by the name of Garth...one of those "You're from Friday Harbor?  Well I know a guy..." kind of things.  I love it when that happens.

I must go now....I think I hear the pool calling...or is it the beach?  Eat your hearts out! :-)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my....I am so envious! The temps in Minnesota have plunged into the single digits today and it's March 3rd. It's great seeing pictures of everyone....
Vamoos ala Playa!!!

Dyan said...

Oops...I am anonymous...not sure what I did there. You see, I really do need an escape to the beach.

;) Dyan

Anonymous said...

Steve & Louisa!! I'm so happy and excited for you. I miss you both a lot! Louisa, try the book Beautiful Boy by Nic Sheff....you'll like it. Love ya, Trish S.