Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day tripping


Yesterday Lefty and I decided to take a little trip to the outskirts of LaPaz...actually, our friend Trudi (the person we bought our house from) gave us directions on getting to a furniture store that held the possibility of our getting a matching loveseat to the sofa we already have (formerly Trudi's sofa...terribly convoluted, eh?) Anyway, I thought you might be interested in seeing our driving form...don't we look relaxed? :-)

You know what they say about the desert? It always gets cold at night. And exactly why don't I remember that? I believe someone told me that the definition of insanity is doing the same things over-and-over and expecting different results...which is why I don't have my warm pjs with me and Lefty resorts to wearing his stocking hat to bed. Next time we bring flannels...just like in the Christmas story, "Mama in her kerchief and I in my cap..."

In addition to the fancy iPhone we have that now works perfectly, thank you very much...and is there a "conspiracy theory" thing that goes along with that but I won't publish it here for fear homeland security will come and get me....we have a Mexican cell phone for calling people locally. It's a cute little thing that keeps giving me messages I can't understand...it all could be tied into the "conspiracy theory" thing, but I won't go there. Anyway, it currently is sending me a message about 19 something or other and since it's in written form, I can sit down with my Spanish dictionary and figure this out. Should I end up in a jail somewhere here, or Guantanamo there, take care of my my loved ones! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you find the loveseat?

Anonymous said...

Instead of fooling with looking up each word in your dictionary, you can get online and type the whole thing into Bablefish or another free internet translator, and it will then translate it all for you at once. I think it will be easier than going word by word.
Ros