Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm back!


Wow!  I'm amazed at how many of my nearest and dearest as well as some I don't know at all have written to me asking when I would post again. Thanks! As Sally Fields said in that wonderful moment to forget "You really do like me!"  Yuk!  Anyway, as I stated in my last post, we arrived home and I was immediately swept away by the plague...no longer do I just suppose it was the plague...IT WAS THE PLAGUE! Once recovered, my ENT said I had a choice to make. Either I stayed on my steady maintenance of bi-monthly courses of antibiotics and blasts of prednisone, or I undergo sinus surgery. Hmmmm...drugs (and not the recreational drugs might I add) or pain...nice choice, huh? I opted for the latter and went under the knife in early April. I won't go into the gory details, but just let your imagination run with cleaning/clipping/scraping your sinus cavities as well as removing large growths that have been living in my face for who knows how long. For some odd reason I thought I would have the surgery and be back to work in a couple of days. NOT. Anyway, it was the right choice and you can see by the open airways I am exhibiting, it was a success. (The stuff on my neck is from the DEEP breath I've taken, not age) Not only did it open up my nose and take away the constant post-nasal drip, it has almost removed my asthma...I have had to use my Albuterol maybe twice since surgery, and we are in the middle of allergy season. Yay!

Lefty is down in Mexico without his sidekick, Juanita. He was noble enough to offer his time and energy and go down to our lovely little casita to do some maintenance work and close it up for the summer. What a guy, huh? He celebrated a mid-big birthday while down there with friends and played music at the Hotel California. It must be the Catholic upbringing that made him suffer with such dignity. Just a little jab. He had to listen to my whining on a daily basis about the weather. I must admit that he never offered the fact the weather was beautiful down there unless I asked...I on the other hand didn't see the sun until yesterday. 

We have made our flight reservations (got in before they upped the number of miles required for flights) for next year. Yahoo! It's nice to have it done, but it makes it difficult to keep one's feet in today.

Until later...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

visit my blog
http://giovanidemocraticipolicoro.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well and you are back online and blogging. What will you blog about from the islands?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Louisa....What a trooper! Glad you are feeling better. It's nice to see you back on-line. What a great way to stay in touch!
Love to you & your family....Dyan

Anonymous said...

Hi Louisa,
I am so happy that you can BREATH easier and that your asthma is better. WOW! I think that you made the right choice.

Tommy and I are dreaming about next February....

Much Love, Georgia